Government is making aadhar as a Single and supreme Identity of an individual by linking it all the major services the Citizen is availing such as Telecom service, Railway ticket service, etc.
As per the IRCTC new press release, they have allowed users to book tickets without linking aadhar card but a limit of 6 tickets per month is there with it. If a user wants to book more ticket then he/she needs to link his/her’s aadhar card with irctc. Soon it might become compulsory to link aadhar before booking a ticket on IRCTC.
Steps to Link Aadhar with IRCTC :–
- Visit IRCTC Website from here
- Login/Sign Up for a new IRCTC Account
- Once logged in, Goto ‘My Profile‘ Tab > ‘Aadhar KYC‘
- Now enter your 12 Digit Aadhar Number and Click on ‘Send OTP‘ Button
- User’s Aadhaar will be verified by sending an OTP on his mobile number linked with his Aadhaar number.
- On successful submission of OTP, user will become Aadhaar verified.
At least One (1) passenger on the ticket being booked, beyond 6 tickets in a month, should also be Aadhaar verified.
- Users are required to verify the probable passengers through their respective Aadhaar number and store the verified passengers in passenger master list. This should be done before starting the ticket booking process, beyond 6 tickets in a month.