Odisha’s Cyclone Fani – As you all must be knowing, The Odisha’s Disaster bringing Cyclone Fani had hit Odisha recently, stand along with Odisha and help them with whatever amount you could help.
The damage could have been much worse had it not been for Odisha authorities who managed to evacuate a record 1.2 million or 12 lakh people in 24 hours to avert large scale devastation.
Most of the people were killed either due to roof and wall collapse or by falling of branches.
This is not the first time that the Odisha government has been praised for its preparedness in the face of cyclonic adversities. The state’s disaster management model got praised by the UN after it successfully restricted fatalities to 21 during the 2013 Phailin cyclone.
How to Help Odisha?
- Donate to Chief Minister’s Relief Fund from here
- Help the victims of Odisha Cyclone Fani through Crowd Funding on https://milaap.org/fundraisers/help-odisha-from-fani or through Paytm, Google Pay, Etc
- Help through Goonj– Goonj is accepting monetary donations as well as materials. Visit here for more details.
- UNICEF, USA – https://donate.unicefusa.org/page/contribute/please-help-now-cyclone-fani
- NGO Oxfam India has asked for donations which will go towards water, emergency food supplies, hygiene kits, rehabilitation and long-term recovery. To donate, click here
If you are a victim!
1: Tweet to Odisha Police for any help
You can tweet to official handle of Odisha Police (https://twitter.com/odisha_police)
2: Tweet to Indian Navy
Indian Navy had also started the relief campaign on large scale. You can get their assistance too.
3: Stay Clam, Stay Strong!
Other than Social helps its very important for a victim to stay calm and strong. Don’t loss your hope – Take decisions carefully and don’t be in any kind of hassle, Keep yourself strong and stay in touch with your family and friends. Help yourself and help others also if possible.